Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tcpdump with snaplen set to 128

From: Perry Smith <pedzsan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:23:16 -0500
On Oct 16, 2012, at 8:18 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> The problem is with -B and without -T - either
>
> 	1) iptrace format has a place to put the "length" (before slicing), and Wireshark doesn't yet know where it is
>
> or
>
> 	2) iptrace format has no place to put the "length" (before slicing).

I am fairly sure it is #2.  I'm fairly sure packet_trace_header is the structure (in aixif/net_if.h)

I'm all set to open a bug report but I don't see the point unless someone just wants to look.  I have two data files ready to upload.  One is an aix iptrace with -B -S 128 without -T and the other is a tcpdump taken on a Mac with -s 128 of a single ftp get to the Mac of a 1 meg file.

Thank you for your time,
Perry Smith