Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] WireShark doesn't decode gzip'ed http traffic on Windows

From: ruslan <ruslanv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:53:56 -0700
Hi guys,

For some reason WireShark doesn't decode gzip'ed http traffic on Windows.

My configuration

  • WireShark 1.8.3
  • Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  • WinPcap 4.1.2

Option "Uncompressed entity bodies" is checked in Preferences / Protocols / HTTP.

Here is how my "Follow TCP Stream" dialog looks like:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/pplYM.png

When I first open this dialog radio-button below is set to "Raw", but when I click on "ASCII" nothing changes.

Any ideas ?

I posted this question on SO as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12925769/wireshark-doesnt-decode-gziped-http-traffic-on-windows