Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Unicast-Capture

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:17:25 -0700
On Sep 18, 2012, at 4:59 PM, Holger Posny <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how I can capture unicat (without broadcast/multicast) in Wireshark 1.8?
> In 1.6 it was so easy:
>
> Filter: not broadcast and not multicast
>
> And now?

Same filter (it's implemented by libpcap/WinPcap, not Wireshark), the UI just makes it harder to set.

Open the Capture -> Options window and double-click on the interface on which you want to capture.  That should pop up a dialog for that interface that has a "Capture Filter" field.  Fill the filter in, and click "OK".  Make sure that interface is checked, update any other options you want to update, and click "Start".