Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Filtering on fields in tunnel headers

From: Martin Isaksson <martin.isaksson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:30:38 +0200
Hi all!

If I have a packet with protocols like eth:vlan:ip:udp:gtp:ip:tcp, is there a way to filter in one of the IP headers only?
I know I can do frame[22:2] == D4:DD (here IP ID of first IP header), but it's not very dynamic, so if for some reason the bytes are in different places, this would fail.

Another work-around I've tried is to list one of the IP IDs with tshark and grep.

Thanks,
Martin