Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.8.2 and WOL

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:18:39 +0200
Hi,

What happens when you configure UDP to try heuristic dissectors first?

Thanks,
Jaap

On 2012-09-04 11:47, Marco Zuppone wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to sniff the WOL (Wake on line) traffic using Wireshark
1.8.2 32bit Windows version.
I remember that in the previous version the traffic was decoded as
WOL and the filter was WOL.
The filter still exists but the magic packets are interpreted as
ECHO. (They are UDP dst port 17)
I tried to look in the Protocols menu but WOL does not exists...
 If I filter the traffic using the WOL filter nothing is returned.
If I use a WOL Sniffer tool the packet is correctly interpreted as
magic packet.
 Any clues?

Kind regards,
Marco - StockTrader