Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.8.1 Duplicate protocol name

From: Paul Ring <plring@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 21:03:32 +0000 (UTC)
Andreas <AndreasSander1@...> writes:

> Am 25.07.2012 21:39, schrieb YJZ:
>  > After installing Wireshark 1.8.1 for "OS X 10.6 and later Intel
> 64-bit" last night, tshark coredumps with:
>  >
>  > Duplicate protocol name "Coseventcomm Dissector Using GIOP API"! This
> might be caused by an inappropriate plugin or a development error.
>  >
>  > The only plugin I have installed is cloudshark 1.0.1-162, in
> ~/.wireshark/plugins/. Removing that doesn't make any difference.
>
> Have you checked _all_ plug-in directories?

So, what I found was that I had to remove a number of plug-ins to get it to
 run. I basically did a grep in  the plugin directory looking for GIOP.  BTW,
the directory is:

/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/Resources/lib/wireshark/plugins

I created a directory called:

/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/Resources/lib/wireshark/oldplugins

and moved the plugins one by one till I now got a new error, that said the
 offending Duplicate Protocol name was "SERCOS III V1.1".  So, grep'ed for
 SERCOS and moved that plugin out and now it runs.

Not sure what functionality I'll lose moving this plugins, but at least it's
 running.  Sure I'll find out what  I'm  missing later :)