Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tcpdump forum ?

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:25:37 +0200
On 28 aug. 2012, at 15:07, "Aktuna, Ilker, Vodafone Turkey" <ilker.aktuna@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry if I was misleading. I didn’t state that I could write the patch for “ipip” . I meant that I could compile if the required code is supplied. I thought it was a easy for you to supply the required code. From your recent post I understand that I was wrong. So I’ll try to use what you suggested as a capture filter. (Thanks for the filter by the way)

Did the filter work?

 But I wonder how “tcpdump” started not supporting this , as it was working fine on the previous server.

Any ideas ?

It sounds unlikely that it had ever worked. Are you sure you had ipip traffic back then? Or did you use tshark? Tshark is ipip aware in it's display filters (not in it's capture filters).

Cheers,
Sake