Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tcpdump forum ?

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:26:01 +0200
On 28 aug 2012, at 13:11, Aktuna, Ilker, Vodafone Turkey wrote:

Thanks for your answers. I have both tcpdump and libpcap sources to compile. If you can tell me where I should edit for adding "ipip" to the source, I could try that.
But as you say ""it won't help you today" , I didn't understand. Why ? Is it too difficult to add it or is there another reason ?

Well, maybe literally it would help you today of you are able to write the patch today. But it was an _expression_ used to indicate that it does not help you with your current version of tcpdump. And since I did not know whether you were able to write the patch, I thought I'd help you out with a capture filter that does the job...

Cheers,
Sake

PS  If you do write the code for ipip in libpcap, please submit it to the tcpdump-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list for inclusion :-)