Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Issue related to the Timestamps in different TimeZones

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:01:31 -0700
On Aug 24, 2012, at 5:00 AM, <Tim.Poth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you’re on windows you can set a  timezone variable in a command prompt that will affect anything the uses the c runtime launched from that prompt.
> If you launch wireshark from that command prompt the times will show up as you want.
>
> EG
> set TZ=GMT10
> set TZ=GMT-5

And if you're on UN*X, you can do pretty much the same thing, e.g.

	TZ=America/New_York wireshark

if you have a Bourne-compatible shell and an OS with a version of the Olson time zone database with the new-style zone names ("America/New_York" basically means "US Eastern time zone", for example) or, if you're stuck with a C-shell-compatible shell

	setenv TZ America/New_York
	wireshark

The BSDs, most if not all Linux distributions, and OS X all have that type of Olson time zone database.