Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to decode sccp messages?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:29:58 -0400
hadi motamedi wrote:
Dear All
Can you please let me know if we can decode sccp messages via wireshark?

Yes, Wireshark has understood SCCP for a long time (2002 according to the copyright in packet-sccp.c). Wireshark can decode it over M3UA, MTP3, TALI, and from PCAP files with a DLT value of 142.

Note: I'm assuming you're talking about SS7 SCCP; Wireshark also understands Skinny which is also abbreviated SCCP sometimes.