Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Analyzing icmpv6 echo packets

Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:15:09 +0000
I'm very new to wireshark.
I'm logging tcpdump from a network I set up, and I've been trying to filter only the icmpv6 echo packets out for analysis so I could plot a graph to show when the pings are not delivering.
My problem is I keep getting icmpv6 neighbor advertisement, multicast listener report message. router solicitation and neighbor solicitation as well as the Echo send and reply packets when I filter.
Is there a way to filter just the Ping echo packets only for analysis.

Thankyou
Alice
Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Virgin Mobile.