Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] CentOS 6.3 and DUMPCAP -B option

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 11:32:33 -0700
On Aug 8, 2012, at 11:12 AM, John Powell wrote:

> 1.2.15 is old but is the latest version I get with CentOS 6.3.

...and it doesn't include code to support "-B" except with WinPcap (i.e., except on Windows).  That first appeared in Wireshark 1.4.0, so, to get the -B option on anything other than Windows, you will have to run Wireshark 1.4.0 or later.

> Thoughts and suggestions are most welcome!

Either get a newer version of Wireshark from somewhere else (which might mean building from source) or a newer version of CentOS that includes a newer version of Wireshark.