Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] AirPcap Nx issue

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:09:09 +0200

I just bought an AirPcap Nx device but I can't get reliable data for 2.4GHz 802.11n networks.

The AP is configured for "Up to 130Mbps", client is configured for max 65Mbps, MCS7, 20MHz channel, 800ns GI, 1 spatial stream.

The network is open (no WEP or WPA).

I can see upstream frames (from client to AP) but no downstream frames, except for ACKs and beacons.

I get a lot of invalid frames though (incorrect FCS).

If I configure the AP for 802.11g ("up to 54Mbps") and client accordingly (54Mbps) everything looks good.

I tested it using iperf configured for UDP @ 32Kbps, bidirectional.

Attached capture files were collected with Wireshark, using the following versions:

Wireshark Version 1.8.1 (SVN Rev 43946 from /trunk-1.8) x64

Airpcap software version 4.1.1

WinPcap 4.1.1

Attached captures for 11g and 11n networks (rename it in .zip).

I tried to contact riverbed on this issue with no luck.

Thanks,

Valerio