Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 8-10% packet error/loss is normal wired network?

From: Prigge Scott <PriggeScottM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:14:29 -0500
➢ Something strange I have in the network, because making you ping ip of the printer, lost packets (8 of 10 330).

I have seen packet loss like this lots of times when there is a duplex mismatch between the end device and the switchport, or even on the link between two switches. Most often, I have seen half-duplex autonegotiated when one side is set to Full Duplex, and the other is set to auto. I would start by comparing the duplex settings of the printer and the port it's connected to, then move on to the link between the switches.