Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to apply capture filters in newer version of Wireshark

From: Linda Walsh <wireshark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 10:15:41 -0700

 Jim Aragon wrote:

It would be more helpful to give us an actual version number.
Sorry, thought it might be clear from my confusion (BTW, the help is still out of date with
the interface).

It sounds like you may have upgraded to Wireshark 1.8.0. This version now has the capability to capture on multiple interfaces simultaneously, and each interface can have a different capture filter. For this reason, the capture filter input field had to be moved from the Capture Options dialog to the individual interface properties.
Darn if you aren't right!  :-)

So, from the Capture Options dialog, double-click on the interface for which you want to set a capture filter. This will open the "Edit Interface Settings" dialog and you will see the capture filter input field at the bottom.
Yep...
But.. um... why did it **have** to move.... i.e. say I just want 1 filter for both
(I have redundant interfaces on my windows machine so they both need the same filter)....
would be a convenience to have the filter dialog both places...

Just a thought...