Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problems with RRC-LTE PDUs

Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 17:20:52 -0700
I am having trouble Decoding LTE RRC PDUs.

I have some records that contain binary LTE RRC PDUs.
They also tell me what kind of PDU it is and when I received it.

I have created a .pcap file from these records by putting a pcap file header
at the beginning of the file (using DLT_USER of 147), and by creating a
pcap packet header in front of each PDU record.

Unfortunately, there are a mix of PDUs among my records. So if I go into
Edit->preferences->DLT_USER and set the payload protocol to lte-rrc.bcch.dl.sch
then some of the records will be dissected correctly (the records for
lte-rrc.bcch.dl.sch), but others will be incorrect.

Do I need to dummy up something at a higher level (RLC-LTE?).
I tried looking at the rlc_lte_logger.c code but the link on the wiki page
(wiki.wireshark.org/RRC-LTE) to ~martinm/rlc_lte_logger.c gives me "permission denied".

I am looking for suggestions for how to create a capture file from these records
that Wireshark will be able to process. I hope to do this without having to
write my own dissector.

Any hints?
Thanks,
-jon