Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Is anyone out there seeing ‘wiredness’ with how wireshark 1.6.

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:54:38 +0000

Is anyone out there seeing ‘wiredness’ with how wireshark 1.6.7 is tracking TCP streams? I have an intermittent issue where tcp packets that I am sure are part of the same stream get flagged as being in different streams.

EG. SYN packet to start the stream, stream 126

EG. ACK packet 7 packets in to the stream now with stream # 127.

I THINK the problem is the sequence number, I have relative sequence numbers turned on but the number for this frame seems OFF. If I reopen the capture or reload it the issue goes away and then a few captures later pops up again.

I tried searching but ether there is no bug filed or I can think of the right terms to search on. I just wanted to know if it’s a ME thing before filing a bug and wasting someone’s time.

Thanks

tim