Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Recompiled wireshark under MacPorts but am having an issue run

From: Kok-Yong Tan <ktan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:17:07 -0400
I recompiled wireshark 1.66 under MacPorts:

zeus:~ kytan$ port installed wireshark
  wireshark @1.6.6_0+gnutls+ipv6+libgcrypt+libsmi+python27 (active)

But now, when I try to start it up under X11.app (i.e., by starting X11, then popping up a Terminal window first), I'm getting what looks like an xauth error:

zeus:~ kytan$ wireshark

(wireshark:46212): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

Any help appreciated.  Do I have to reinstall X11.app?

--
Reality Artisans, Inc.             #   Network Wrangling and Delousing
P.O. Box 565, Gracie Station       #   Apple Certified Consultant