Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] filter garp packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:52:55 -0700
On Apr 11, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Koneru Srikanth wrote:

> garp packets are arp packets with spa=tpa

(Or, alternatively, they're Generic Attribute Registration Protocol packets:

	http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1D-2004.pdf (see section 12)

such as GARP Multicast Registration Protocol (GMRP) packets (see section 10 of 802.1D-2004); that was my assumption when I saw the subject line.

It's probably best to spell out "gratuitous ARP" rather than to abbreviate it as "GARP".)