Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] "Decode payload as" option

From: Erik Hugne <erik.hugne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:14:39 +0200
Hi.
I'm developing a tunnel interface driver for the TIPC protocol, this will transport data in frames as:
      +--------+
      |Ethernet|
      +--------+
      |  TIPC  |
      |Payload |

Where payload is usually IPv4 or IPv6.
There's no indication of the payload type in the TIPC protocol level.
I want to be able to decode the payload manually as IPv4 for example.
Can this be done?

PS.
I tried the decode-as option, but this can only handle decoding at the link-level.

//E