Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] recorded time in pcap file drifts from system time

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 10:22:02 +0100

Windows,
> uses the 64-bit registry) and set the registry key in question to 2.

Registry trivia:

I don't believe that this portion of the registry (HKLM\System) is different
for 32 bit or 64 bit apps on a 64 bit OS, possibly because "system" stuff
has to be 64 bit on a 64 bit OS.  AFAIK it's only stuff under HKLM\Software
that changes between 32 bit and 64 bit apps.

There is no regedt64, you use regedit.exe.  The default one on a 64 bit OS
(the 64 bit one) will see the 32 bit stuff under the
HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node.

You can run the 32 bit version of the registry editor using
%systemroot%\syswow64\regedit.exe.  Regedt32.exe can also be found in the
syswow64 directory.

See the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305097 for more info.