Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Calling MAC-LTE dissctor from lua dissector on the rest of

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 14:05:28 -0400
On Jan 18, 2012, at 10:04 PM, Martin Mathieson wrote:

> I'm not sure if it will help you, but I just submitted "mac-lte-framed".  It expects to find the same framing as the UDP heuristic dissector, but without the IP/UDP header or the magic string.

Should there be a pcap/pcap-ng link-layer header type value (the values sometimes called "DLTs") assigned for that?  Perhaps there should be, to allow MAC LTE packets to be stored in pcap or pcap-ng files.

If so, you should submit a request for it to tcpdump-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, with a detailed description of the pseudo-header for the context data.