Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] iperf UDP throughput

From: Abbhishek Misra <abhishekfishy2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:10:17 +0530
Hello All,

This is not exactly a wireshark question still posting here and this list gives very good explanations.

I'm using Wifi in g mode and WPA2AES between an Linux AP and Windows STA

I initiated a iperf TCP client|server for 90 sec and observed throughput was 11Mbits/sec
With UDP its just 1.04Mbits/sec

Wireshark shows both TCP and UDP packets transmitted at 54 or 36 Mb/s.

I'm not able to understand why is UDP throughput so low

commands

iperf -s -u   (Win 7 STA)
iperf -c <IP> -u -t 90  ( linux AP)

regards