Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Regarding TCP Previous Segment Lost

From: "Zachary J. Ziemba" <zach.ziemba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:44:09 +0000

Hi,

Can anyone offer a potential scenario that would explain why the highlighted packets are occurring in a stream that they do not appear to correspond to? I’m new to analyzing network traffic and can’t understand why the sequence number would transition in such a way mid-connection. Wireshark lists these packets as Previous Segment Lost/Retransmission but they appear to be unrelated to the connection.

Thanks in advance,

Zach