Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] only 802.11 protocol frames are showing up

From: Abbhishek Misra <abhishekfishy2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:20:46 +0530
Thanks Antony,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Anthony Murabito <anthony.murabito@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did you setup the decryption tuple? Your screenshot looks like it is only showing encrypted frames.

--Anthony

On Feb 28, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Abbhishek Misra <abhishekfishy2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All,

I just got started up with wireshark.

Been able to capture auth - assoc - 4WayHandshake of my laptop with  router

I'm facing some issue with protocols

My router is set to channel 1 and wireshark is also set to channel 1.

I'm able to see auth+assoc+4wayHandshake that my laptop makes with wifi router but any higher layers (TCP,HTTP as I access internet) are not showing up in wireshark

Capture info is also showing traffic only 'Other Traffic'.

Transport Name resolution is enabled in wireshark.

I'm using a USB AirPcap card as sniff interface for wireshark ( and not wifi interface of my laptop).

I checked Wieshark FAQ but did not find any thing interesting.

In image attached Belkin is my router and e4:d5:3d:e8:3d:ad is my laptop.

Under Menu->Analyse->EnabledProtocols: All protocols are enabled.

Let me know if you see higher protocols with your sniff too. If there is some thing you think that I should do differently, let me know.

<Only802.11.jpg>