Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Strip off protocol layers

From: sean bzd <seanbzd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:32:06 -0500
Thank you so much. Thats exactly what i needed. I earlier went through the documentation for tshark but missed that option.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM, j.snelders <j.snelders@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Sean,

You can use the option -O

$ tshark -h
-O protocols: Only show packet details of these protocols, comma separated

$ tshark -r Clmt_04.pcap -O http -V > clmt_04a.txt
$ tshark -r Clmt_04.pcap -O tcp,http -V > clmt_04b.txt

BTW
I'm running TShark 1.6.5

Best regards
Joke