Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Filtering on file extensions

From: Brian J Pohlman <BPohlman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:22:40 -0600
Is it possible to filter on specific file extensions within Wireshark using wild cards?

I'm capturing traffic on a file server looking for extensions such as .mp3, .mp4, etc. I can filter on specific file names but haven't found a way using wildcards (if supported)

I would like to filter on file extensions such as *.mp3

Thanks for any insight provided.

Brian

This e-mail and any attached files may contain CB&I (or its affiliates) confidential and privileged information. This information is protected by law and/or agreements between CB&I (or its affiliates) and either you, your employer or any contract provider with which you or your employer are associated. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail; further, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.