Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Calling MAC-LTE dissctor from lua dissector on the rest of

From: "Lehmann, Florian (EXT-Other - DE/Ulm)" <florian.lehmann.ext@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:22:12 +0100

Hi Martin,

this is exactly the dissector I want to call, but unfortunately, I cannot set the required context information associated to that frame or paket from within lua.

I found one hint about doing the same from a C decoder  here: http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201101/msg00255.html

It seems as if I have to set the information for struct mac_lte_info somewhere in pinfo which is not working for me. Is there any lua equivalent for p_add_proto_data?

I tried

pinfo.cols.radioType = 1

which results in

Lua Error: ...Program Files\Wireshark\lua\test.lua:xxx: bad argument #2 to '?' (Columns__newindex: the column name must be a valid column)

The only way I see so far is rewriting the code in C and using p_add_proto_data.

BR,

Florian