Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to capture SOAP protocol on UPnP network

From: Patrice Bertin <patrice.bertin94@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:21:15 +0100
Hi guys,

I an doing testing with the following configuration:

Router at the IP adresse 192.168.1.254

PC at the IP adresse 192.168.1.1

Ipad at the IP adresse 192.168.1.2

I have a application that make possible reading on my ipad (for example) contents that belong to my PC. I mean that all the contents can be share on the UPnP network (for reading only). The devices connect to the UPnP network and present its contents through a SSDP protocol. Then you can play the content of another user using the SOAP protocol. The application works well but I don't see any SOAP action (play, stop, pause, etc) on my log.
I tried to capture through the wireless interface as well as the ethernet cable connected to the router, i tried to filter the HTTP packet and the host but it doesn't work.

Somebody got a hint?

Thanks in advance

Patrice