Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Alert on captured packet

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:59:05 +0000 (UTC)
I have a protocol, where the same request is sent again and again. Suddenly
a request is answered with another reponse as it done usually. I have
configured Wireshark to use multiple files to capture all the data.

Now I want to get an alert (message box, email, anything else) when this
event occurs. This can be done by manually look in each capture file. But
this is a bit cumbersome. Can this be done with Wireshark tools or with an
plug-in? Probably a LUA plug-in could do this?

The creteria for the alert should be something like
  udp.length > 1034 and udp.length< 1037

Thanks,
Harper