Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Issue while saving the Stream after Follow TCP Stream

From: NITIN GOYAL <nitinkumgoyal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:09:10 +0530
Hi

I have a issue while saving the stream from a capture after doing a Follow TCP Stream.

When i want to save the HEx Dump, someitmes it saves in the hex format and sometimes it saves in the text format.

I dont know how its happening as i want only the HEx format to save so that i can edit the data captured. For example, i capture a stream with a video, now when i do the Follow TCP Stream, i see the HTTP Response followed by the Media. Now, i change the mode to Hex Dump and save.

Now, when i open the Dump file in any editor, sometimes it open i Hex Mode, so i can remove the unnecessary bytes and left oft eh data arranges itself as its complete hex table and further i can save the media and play in on any media player.

But sometimes, it saves as a text format and thus, I a not able to edit and thus not able to save the media data.

It happens sometimes. I did not found any option which changes this preference.

Anyone have any idea about it??

Regards
Nitin