Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Learning Wireshark

From: Keith Roberts <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 18:14:01 +0000 (GMT)
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011, j.snelders wrote:

To: Community support list for Wireshark <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: j.snelders <j.snelders@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Learning Wireshark

Hi Keith,

Try NetworkMiner by NetreseC:
http://www.netresec.com/?page=NetworkMiner

Interesting links:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=11351
http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp

Hi Joke. I saved the SMTP email message from Wireshark's GUI to a file, then extracted the Base64 MIME attachment, and created a file with the Base64 content. Uploaded that to the motobit decoder, and converted and downloaded the base64.bin file. Copied it to the filename.rar file and ran unrar t filename.rar on it, and it tests OK.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: