Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Template for external dissector plugin

From: Reinhold Kainhofer <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:37:13 +0100
Although most wireshark plugin tutorials tell you to develop
your plugin inside the wireshark source code,
it it possible to develop a plugin in a separate directory.

I have created a simple template and a corresponding
makefile for cmake to develop a plugin in a separate,
external directory, link it to the installed wireshark
library and install it to a wireshark plugin directory.

You can find the template (and some basic instructions)
on gitorious:

https://gitorious.org/wireshark-dissector-template/pages/Home

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, reinhold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886