Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] seeing which interface a packet came in on

From: marty <martyleisner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 23:22:16 -0800 (PST)

I had a situation where my wireless access point was not passing broadcast/multicast
packets (it passed unicast, made me scratch my head and lo and behold it worked when it booted) (I had an ethernet cable also hooked to a laptop to see what was wrong).

If I use wireshark to trace both interfaces, how do I "know" which interface a packet
came in on (both interfaces are on the same subnet, so they should "mirror" the network for broadcast packets).

Also, it looks like tshark cannot capture multiple interfaces at once -- is this correct?

marty