Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to capture entire SQL commands from capture, and expor

From: Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 19:45:50 +0000 (UTC)
Shawn T Carroll <shawnthomascarroll@...> writes:

> Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too?  Perhaps adjust the upper bound
of the number of characters allowed in the newly created "Query" column?

The maximum number of characters in a column is currently fixed at 256 bytes in
epan/column_info.h[1] with "#define COL_MAX_LEN 256".  So, currently if you want
more characters to be displayed than that, you would have to compile Wireshark
yourself using a different value of your choice.

[1]:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/epan/column_info.h?revision=37898&view=markup