Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] wireless capture with PPI headers in linux

From: Hector Akamine <akamine@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:12:55 +0900
Hello,

Is it possible to capture wireless packets with PPI headers in linux wireshark?
So far, I have been able to get radiotap headers only.

When selecting a monitor mode interface, the "link-layer header type" and the
"wireless settings" widgets are grayed-out in the "capture options"
window (so, it is not possible to choose between radiotap and PPI, as
I can when using airpcap in Windows).

Using kismet on linux, it is possible to capture packets with PPI
headers. But even if
I try to use the kismet-created monitor interface in wireshark, I am
only able to
get radiotap headers.

Thank you,
Hector