Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] cannot capture packets fromwifirouter(NetgearWNDR3700).

From: Philip Anil-QBW348 <anil.philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:49:59 -0500
Title: RE: [Wireshark-users] cannot capture packets fromwifirouter(NetgearWNDR3700).

ok, I stopped monitor mode by trying the following
 sudo airmon-ng stop wlan0

Interface       Chipset         Driver

wlan0           Intel 4965/5xxx iwlagn - [phy0]
                                (monitor mode disabled)

(I also tried sudo airmon-ng stop mon0)

started wireshark

sudo wireshark

Capture|Options
I notice that monitor mode checkbox is unchecked.
 promiscuous mode checkbox is checked.

I tried to check the checkbox. As I depress the box, it grays out and then re-enables.
(almost as though it is being disabled, cleared and then re-enabled).

Help|About shows:
--------------

Version 1.6.2

Copyright 1998-2011 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

Compiled (32-bit) with GTK+ 2.24.6, with GLib 2.29.92, with libpcap 1.1.1, with
libz 1.2.3.4, with POSIX capabilities (Linux), without libpcre, with SMI 0.4.8,
with c-ares 1.7.4, with Lua 5.1, without Python, with GnuTLS 2.10.5, with Gcrypt
1.5.0, with MIT Kerberos, with GeoIP, with PortAudio V19-devel (built Jul 27
2011 11:30:44), without AirPcap.

Running on Linux 3.0.0-13-generic-pae, with libpcap version 1.1.1, with libz
1.2.3.4, GnuTLS 2.10.5, Gcrypt 1.5.0.

Built using gcc 4.6.1.

Anil