Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark fails to display UDP packets

From: PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL <prasanthris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 23:20:59 +0530
I am generating UDP packets with packETH, a free and open source tool.
I see that Wireshark can capture the IP packets and detect them as
having UDP packets, but it does not display it as a UDP packet
directly in the protocol field of the frame. This means wireshark is
dissecting until the IP layer, but not beyond that. I saw that some
packets emitted by other computer is seen as UDP. I have attached a
screenshot explaining what I mean.

What I don't understand is, why wireshark does not detect UDP
protocol, when IP protocol has already detected it. Maybe that will
help me see what mistake is done in the frame.