Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Suggestion for IPv6 good book

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:40:58 -0700
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 07:41:03PM +0000, Marco Zuppone wrote:

> I'm an avid user of Wireshark and I'm quite comfortable now to analyse
> IPv4 traffic….but I'd really some good advice on IPv6. iI is a bit of
> time I'd like to buy a good book about IPv6 but I do not know which
> one to choose. It seems that some of them (with good reviews) are
> quite dated and the newer have not exceptional feedbacks. Do you have
> some titles to suggest me?

I learned IPv6 from "IPv6 Essentials" by O'Reilly.  I don't recall if it
was the 1st edition that came out in 2002 or the 2nd edition from 2006.
The edition I read had a number of outdated concepts, such as site local
addresses.  Since site local was deprecated in 2004 with RFC 3879, it
must have been the first edition that I read.  In either case, it was an
excellent book.