Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] finding slow RPC SRT

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:27:27 +1100
Filter on 'rpc.time > 1.0'

That will show you the exact frame(s) where the response was "slow"

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Stuart Kendrick <skendric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a way to graph RPC Service Response Time?

I'd like to find where that 1.317575 second response time occurs in the trace ... and I figured that a graph on which the y-axis measured SRT and the x-axis measured time might do this for me.

I can filter by 'nfs.opcode' and see where Replies follow Calls tightly:

and later I can see where a number of frames intervene between Calls and Replies (but these are Reads, so of course other frames intervene):

But none of that helps me find that 1.3s Call/Reply combination.

Suggestions?

--sk

Stuart Kendrick
FHCRC