Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] finding slow RPC SRT

From: Stuart Kendrick <skendric@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:27:07 -0800
Is there a way to graph RPC Service Response Time?

I'd like to find where that 1.317575 second response time occurs in the trace ... and I figured that a graph on which the y-axis measured SRT and the x-axis measured time might do this for me.

I can filter by 'nfs.opcode' and see where Replies follow Calls tightly:

and later I can see where a number of frames intervene between Calls and Replies (but these are Reads, so of course other frames intervene):

But none of that helps me find that 1.3s Call/Reply combination.

Suggestions?

--sk

Stuart Kendrick
FHCRC