Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing1GigE interfaces without laptop crashing

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:09:06 +0000
Kim,

If you are only interested in a specific packet (and will only ever be
interested in a specific packet because once you start the capture you
won't be able to alter this) then generally it would be best to write a
capture filter, that way you are only using your resources to log what
matters.

Matthew