Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTCP: Filtering SDES items in 'tshark'

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:08:49 -0800
On Nov 15, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Martin Thorpe wrote:

> I've upgraded wireshark from 1.2 (CentOS 6 x64) to version 1.7.1 in order to use the command extension that Jaap kindly highlighted below; and now when I run the following trace I get the "Mysql protocol dissector: all fields should be little endian" bug:

> ** (process:31148): WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol MySQL, in packet 377: proto.c:2508: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_STRING || hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ"

That's not the "Mysql protocol dissector: all fields should be little endian", that's the "Mysql protocol dissector: adding a non-FT_STRING or non-FT_STRINGZ field with proto_tree_add_string() is an error" bug.  I just checked in a fix for at least one instance of that bug.

> This scrolls up the screen, there were no errors during the build compilation process?

Unfortunately, the build process doesn't catch all forms of incorrect code, so....

> Any help would be appreciated

There's no 1.7.1 release (the current development release is 1.7.0), so presumably "I've upgraded wireshark from 1.2 (CentOS 6 x64) to version 1.7.1" means "I built Wireshark from the Subversion trunk"; update to the current top-of-trunk and rebuild.