Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help! errors in CAPTURED UDP stream that I know is perfect

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:42:17 +0100
Hi Roni,

There are a few notes to be made.

1. You run a custom modified build of a development vesion of Wireshark.
   This means that:
a. We do not know what the modifications are, what their influence is.
   b. A development version of Wireshark is always prone to bugs.

2. You run an old version of Wireshark. The 1.3 development release is a
   precursor for the 1.4 stable release branch. While in the mean time
   a 1.6 stable release branch has already been created. it could very
   well be that the MPEG dissector has been improved in the mean time.
   You may want to look at your captures with a new (1.6.3) Wireshark
   release.

3. Since you attempt high bandwidth capture on an interface you may be
   better off using dumpcap, the command line capture dump engine. It
   is more efficient.

4. Make sure to check for reports of dropped frames during capture, which
   is indicative of your hardware not keeping up with the influx.

Thanks,
Jaap