Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tcp.window_size OR tcp.window_size_value ??

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:12:43 -0400
'tcp.window_size_value'  is the value in the TCP header for window size, EG 511 in the example im looking at.
'tcp.window_size' is the Calculated size for the window if windows scaling is enabled, EG 130816 in the example im looking at (scaling factor of 256 times 511 for the 'tcp.window_size_value' )

If you want to know what the effective window size is (value in the header times scaling factor) I would say 'tcp.window_size' would be the better filter (less math for you involved)

Hope that helps
tim