Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] cannot run 1.6.2 after building from source on Debian 6.0;

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 11:44:19 +0200

Hi,

Check this bug report: Bug 6049

Thanks,
Jaap

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:34:59 -0700 (PDT), Ted Llewellyn wrote:

  I have a stock Debian 6.0 system (I can't keep the names straight anymore, it's the current stable version) running on an Asus EeePC 1005HA.  It's all from the normal Apt archives except for a few items like Wireshark that are missing or old that I have built from scratch.  The compilers and libraries are all stock.

  I build in /usr/local/src.  1.6.0rc1 works fine, built to set dumpcap setuid root.  When I build 1.6.2 it works fine from the build directory.  After a make install as root, though, when run from /usr/local/bin it cannot find libwiretap.so.1, even though it's in /usr/local/lib, just where it should be.

  I uninstalled, did a make clean, and rebuilt with a configure option to point the libdir to /usr/local/lib, but it does no good.  I get the same error.  I've gone back to the devel version.

  I have seen no bug on this.  Should I try to file one, or does anyone have a suggestion I should try?  I'm not really interested in setting variables; that shouldn't be necessary.  I really think there's something up with this version of the source, and I'm hoping it'll get fixed.