Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark display filters: display range of termination id

From: Manolis Katsidoniotis <manoska@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:25:42 +0300
when you say "guarantee", you mean for all machines that handle H.248 traffic?
If yes then I think the answer is would be No.

That's way the machines that I am working on are doing it and of course for the specific interface.
These are Gateways that inlcude DSPs which convert voice traffic coming from TDM lines to IP.

As far as I know the termination IDs depend on the traffic type that the GW is handling on the TDM side.

TDMs15c4f1/1/6/3/25   for trunking GWs
port_1, port_2              for PSTN
port_PA0014/B1          for ISDN PRI      etc, etc, ....

in the filter options I also found the _expression_      h248.termList
but I don't how to use it.

any ideas on that one?
thanks in advance :)))

Manolis

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:25 AM, Manolis Katsidoniotis wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know how to sub-string and then convert the outcome to integer inside a wireshark filter?

Unfortunately, nobody can possibly know that, because the Wireshark filter mechanism doesn't support it.

Is there any guarantee that megaco.termid is of the form "port_N", for some numerical value N?