Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TDS question

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:35:14 -0600
On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 01:13:21PM -0400, J�nos L�bb wrote:

> but I do not know if Wireshark is presenting it that way on my Intel
> based Mac.... or not.

Wireshark shows you the bytes in the order received on the wire when
looking at the hex display.  The order to interpret the bytes in for a
particular field depends on the protocol.  The byte order of the machine
you're running Wireshark on only affects how the data structures are
stored internally and Wireshark will convert as necessary (i.e. little
endian to host endian type functions).