Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to capture trafic on fiber going to storage ?

From: János Löbb <janos.lobb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:26:17 -0400
Hi,

I have a server and the database is on a fiber attached EMC storage.  The database behaves strangely when asked for complex data not in the cache.  It returns less rows as it should.  I suspect the traffic to the storage via the fiber is interrupted some way or times out.  So I would like to capture that traffic too and merge with the traffic I capture on ent8.  Right now I am capturing the Ethernet traffic via tcpdump and look at it later with Wireshark.  What can I use to capture the fiber traffic on an AIX 5.3 machine ?

Thanks ahead,

János