Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] eth0 missing

From: firstname lastname <psykosonik_frequenz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:23:11 -0700 (PDT)
You need to open wireshark with root privileges.

gksudo wireshark

Even though your ethernet interface is listed under ifconfig -a, wireshark is not able to detect it if you are running inside a VM.

Note: You will be prompted with a warning when you try to run wireshark as a root user.

Regards,
NeonFlash